Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween has come and gone. Seemed to do both much too fast. The kids had a blast in Grandma's neighborhood again. The suburbs have gotten even bigger so the boys (Dakota and his friend Austin) ended up filling pillowcases halfway up -now these are not small pillowcases. So they should be wired for the next month.

Nathaniel was not too into the holiday at all. He was afraid of the decorations and masks in the stores. Hated being dressed in a costume - part of his 'I want to be naked at all times and if not no zippers are allowed around my body' take on life! However, we got to grandma's by 7pm. It was very dark and cold. Sarita and Dallas decided to go with me and Nathaniel. First we zipped him in. A few hysterics which quieted when Dakota picked him up and showed him his head (horse) in the mirror and then his tail. He liked it better then. We went out and Dakota kept taking his very scary werewolf mask on and off to show Nathan that it was only a mask. I kept calling him a Dakota doggy and scratching behind his ears. We even got a laugh out of Nathan.

I figured we would make it 2-3 houses before Nathan had enough. I forgot that Halloween and Kids go together. By house number 3 Nathan had it all figured out. Go up to house with girls. People open door. Say trick or treat. People give lots of candy and say "oh how cute" and "my what a sweet little thing" and give more candy then on to next house. Girls figured out that having cute little 3yo boy in horse outfit equals more candy. People who opened their doors all dressed up gave the most candy because Nathan would just stare at them like "what do you think you are" and they would get worried that he was scared by their costumes and for the most part would get down at his level saying "it's ok - it's just a costume" while giving more candy.

We probably only went to about 1/4 of the neighborhood. Nathaniel had to drag his bucket at the last two doors. And mommy was carrying him in between houses so I burned off my two mini candy bars.

I think Nathaniel is fine with Halloween. Everyone had a great time. Everyone passed out as soon as we got home so I got to shower and watch a CSI Miami rerun in the dark and quiet. Now my work place is inheriting a lot of candy cuz there is no way I am letting my kids eat all that!

No comments: