Monday, May 14, 2007

2nd Mother's Day Gift. Li'l Miss Majik gave birth to a very scrunched up little filly at 6:30 am - feeding time.

I have been worried about this little mare because she got very run down this last Winter. My only horse that did. I was afraid to feed her up because the mares have been having such huge babies and if you can call any of my horses refined it is her. So I have been waiting with fingers crossed and she did fabulously. The filly has been nursing almost non stop since hitting the ground so I think making up for some lost time in utero. Mama mare is happily esconced in a large stall where she is eating to her heart's content and then a little extra just to make me happy (I am sure).

Of course, I will not be truly happy until both are about a month down the road and looking fabulous.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's cuter - kid pics or baby horse pics... ;-)

Are you SURE it's a filly? Name?

Tug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.