Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Nathaniel has again discovered why we have dogs. He was hanging in the bathroom going "poop, mom" which can take him some 20 minutes when he has toys as well. But all of a sudden he jumps off the toilet (not an easy feat for a child barely 36 inches high and using a stool to keep his feet on. However, he did have naked bottom so no pants to get in his way) and grabs Molly (blonde standard poodle love hound) and starts pulling her into the bathroom and closing the door. Being all mom and no slacker in the potty department I ask -

"all done?"

"No mom - going poop!"

Door closes.

Approximately 4 minutes later door opens.

"mom, mom all done poop- look".

Now thank god he was not actually telling me to look at his poop (although that has happened and he has rightfully been quite proud of some of his potty accomplishments) but to look at Molly. Again he is holding her neck and she peers out the door and something - hmmm, something looks a little different. What is it?Oh, yeah, the dog is wearing my reading glasses.

What have we learned from this little story? That apparently Nathaniel has ways of entertaining himself while going potty that we as adults have long forgotten? That I should not leave my glasses on the back of the toilet (hec if I know what they were doing there or if I would have ever found them myself anyway)?

No, I learned that the dang dog looks good in my glasses.

No comments: