Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So I am not really sure how many people's days start and end like mine. I went out this morning to feed the horses and found a spoiled old mare, Satin, and Teddy, the shetland pony snoozing by my truck. Now the problem with this is that my truck is NOT parked in a paddock or the pasture or anywhere remotely where horses should be snoozing. I wake them up and put them both back in their proper places. Teddy had the good sense to appear guilty while Satin pretended it was all my fault. Fed everyone their breakfast then went back inside to deal with the two legged kids.

Then I get home in the evening and see Lulu, 5 month old filly, out by my truck. I get out of the van and notice that there is this big blackish horse in Chance's (my stallion) pen and a smallish quite good looking one running around with Sammy, arab gelding, and Teddy. Apparently at some point during the day Satin moved in with Chance (took down his gate and fencing - yes, it is old and needs to be replaced and not by hormonal old mares) and Chance decided he did not like the new living arrangements. He took off and moved in with the other 3. Lulu decided she did not like all the blustering and foolishness of the boys trying to one up each other so she took off. Smart for such a young girl isn't she?!

Anyway I got to rearrange everyone and fix fencing. This all had to be done in 45 minutes plus feeding so that I could get Miss S. back to her dance class that night. Nothing like a little pressure to get motivated. I have to admit it is nice owning a stallion that really is all show and blow and just does not want the girls to be a live-in arrangement. He likes them better on their side of the fence.

No comments: