Monday, December 18, 2006

So it begins ... I have been trying to figure out what to do with my too small house (Which I love) in relation to a growing family. My house was built in 1937. The prior homeowners seemed to have done quite a bit themselves - not always to the benefit of the house. After talking to several contractors who said it would be too hard and expensive to add on to my house I had decided to buy a manufactured and put it out on my property in back. I did not like that idea because there are no trees back there for shade and I would basically be starting from scratch in the landscape/yard department.

But in one last impulse phone call I found the contractors that not only felt the job was doable but that they could get going asap and by asap I mean within two months of talking to them. They came up with the new floorplan even. So far after getting all the subcontractors out there and getting all the details worked out (permit was a little more difficult since my septic system was not on file with the county etc) they are only starting a couple weeks late. And I must say that they were put behind a week due to rain here.




Little old farmhouse - it just doesn't know what is about to happen to it. Notice the bush taking over the back end of the house.




No comments: