Friday, December 15, 2006

Stupid Girls!!

Isn't it wonderful when your nephew is around to help teach your young son new words and phrases. Last weekend Dakota enjoyed teaching Nathan a new phrase - see above. Nathan is now able to use and intone that phrase with exactly the right amount of disdain that a little 3 yo can muster. What is really nice is when you are out at your daughter's ballet recital and your sweet dear little boy is having an immensely good time playing on the seats that go up and down. Then you notice that he is busy putting up the seat and then down while intoning "stupid thing". Isn't it fascinating how a young'un can learn certain words and use them in appropriate or is that (inappropriate) manner so quickly.

On the plus side he surprised me this week by all of a sudden saying "you're welcome" as needed and politely. He must have learned that at daycare :). So when they say you need to watch what you say around little kids they are right, but you must also watch your daughter, niece, and nephew like a hawk as well. I do believe I caught Sarita attempting to teach Nathan that the dining room table was actually a tree.

Oh and the new phrase that I have heard come from Nathan several times this week:
"What the hec?!"

Now where the hec would he pick that up from?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI, I'm back! I'm pretty sure you missed me, so I won't even ask. ;-)

As a grandma, I LOVE what kids learn...have a ball with it! The princess' new thing is going up to people & saying "oh, pity". (Oh, pretty)....HA.